Alan Sanders received funding from the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development specifically to investigate the genetics of sexual orientation (R01HD041563 and R21HD080410). Eden Martin, Gary Beecham, and Shengru Guo are also supported by R21HD080410.
No other member of the group received funding specifically for this study, but members of our team receive salary funding from organizations as well as our own universities.
- Brendan Zietsch received funding from The Australian Research Council.
- Andrea Ganna was supported by the Knut and Alice Wallenberg Foundation (2015.0327) and the Swedish Research Council (2016-00250).
- Andrea Ganna, Robert Maier, and Ben Neale are supported by the National Institutes of Health (1R01MH107649-03).
- Robbee Wedow was supported by the National Science Foundation’s Graduate Research Fellowship Program (DGE 1144083). Any opinion, findings, conclusions, or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
- Michel Nivard. is supported by ZonMw grants 849200011 and 531003014 from The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development.
- Abdel Abdellaoui is supported by ZonMw grant 849200011 from The Netherlands Organisation for Health Research and Development.
- Fah Sathirapongsasuti, Adam Auton, and members of the 23andMe Research Team are employees of 23andMe, Inc.